Policy - Privacy
- THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- If you submit an order to Bedecked Haberdashery, then in order to fulfil it, we need your name, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address and credit/debit/charge card details.
- If you submit any emails to us, we will keep a record of them for two months only, in order to help us keep track of any enquiries or complaints regarding our products and service.
- Like other websites, our Website uses software features known as "cookies", which are small pieces of data that are stored on your hard drive when accessing a website. They are akin to identity cards, and we may use them as follows:
- to allow us to know when users return to our website and which pages or services you access while there; and
- to gather information on an aggregate basis in order to identify the most popular areas of our Website and make it easier for users to access them.
- USE OF INFORMATION
- We want you to feel free to use and explore our Website without worrying about whether your visit will generate unwanted third party sales or marketing activity, such as junk mail or spam. We do not pass on customers' details to third party marketing organisations or mailing list compilers.
- In addition to the uses referred to at 1.1 and 1.2 above, we may use and/or provide information collected by us to third parties for one or more of the following purposes:
- for research and analysis purposes. Such information will be grouped in broad categories and will not include data which can be used to identify any individual;
- to send you our news letters and
- to protect users of the Website and Bedecked Haberdashery from fraud, we may pass your personal information to fraud prevention and detection and/or law enforcement agencies.
- If a third party acquires control of the business of Bedecked Haberdashery, we may transfer personal data we then hold to that third party.
- We reserve the right to disclose personal data to any third party which has a legal right to request such information.
- We will provide the same protections in respect of any electronic communications received from you as those employed in respect of information received by post and telephone.
- We utilise security systems with encryption and firewalls and regular backup procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of the personal information we collect from you and to protect it from unauthorised access and disclosure. We regularly test and renew such systems and procedures to see that they are effective and up to date.
- ONLINE PAYMENT
- Our payment system is run for us by Global Payments who operate a secure server in relation to processing of credit/debit card payments. Global Payments encrypt Members' credit/debit card details so that they are never revealed to anyone else. In connection with the performance of their duties,Global Payments may transfer your credit/debit card details to countries outside the European Economic Area.
- DATA PROTECTION
- You have a right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you by sending your request, together with an administration fee of £10 to Bedecked Haberdashery at Barningham Park Coach House, Barningham, Richmond, DL11 7DW